The second annual Nutrition Capital Network – Natural Products Canada Investor Meeting 2018 will showcase Canadian products & companies, and provides valuable opportunities for partnering & capital financing. At NCN Canada II, 20 innovative companies in natural product and nutrition science will present their business plans on June 28. A half-day conference on market, investment and new product trends with an evening networking event takes place on June 27.
Natural Products Canada (NPC) is a key player in Canada’s innovation and investment scene. It works with a diverse array of partners to support the commercialization of naturally-derived products and technologies in health and life sciences, natural resources, agriculture and agri-food, and sustainable bioproducts. NPC has over 300 companies in its pipeline, and performs many roles to support the industry. It acts as matchmaker and mentor to promising companies and researchers; serves as technology scout and ecosystem navigator for multinationals and large corporations; and helps investors discover, develop, and de-risk investment opportunities.
Why attend as an investor?
- Discover unique opportunities in a range of pre-screened companies from start-ups to advanced stage
- Learn about market trends and industry insights on this booming industry
- Network with other investors, industry leaders, and international experts
- Find co-investment partners
Why attend as a presenter?
- Receive expert guidance and coaching from industry veterans
- Pitch your business to some of the leading investors in the nutrition and NHP sector
- Network with industry experts, investors, and other potential partners
- Gain insights into market trends, recent deals, and strategies for growth
Day One (Wednesday, June 27)
9am – Noon Presenting Companies Exhibit Set-Up
Noon – 1:00PM Registration
1:00PM Nutrition Capital Network Introduction and Welcome
- Grant Ferrier, Nutrition Capital Network
1:05PM Industry Overview: Deals, M&A, trends: Whipstitch Capital
- Nick McCoy, Whipstitch Capital
1:45PM Canada’s Natural Product Industry Ecosystem
- Shelley King, Natural Products Canada (NPC)
1:50PM Investor Panel: Strategic investors and how they approach the Canadian Market
- Moderator: Grant Ferrier
- Jeff Hilton, Brandhive
2:30PM The Art of the Deal: What Acquisitive Companies Look For
- Matt von Teichmann, GreenSpace Brands
3:00PM Networking Break
3:15PM Panel: Cannabis and the Consumer: What opportunities lie ahead for edibles?
- Legal & Regulatory Advisors: Gowlings and KGK Science
4:00PM Update on NHP/Supplemented Food Regulations in Canada
- Kyley Paul, Natural SciReg
4:15PM Taste Trends: What consumers are looking for
- Christine Couvelier, Culinary Concierge
5:00 – 7:00PM Instructions and Tips for Presenters
- Mike Dovbish, Nutrition Capital Network
Day Two (Thursday, June 28)
7:30 – 8:30AM: Breakfast
8:30am – 12:30PM: Company Presentations (10 min. each)
12:30 – 1:30PM: Networking Lunch
1:30 – 4:00PM: One-One Company/Investor Meetings
NCN Canada II Presenting Company Snapshots:
Click here to register with the discounted rate.